Why I am looking for Mentor?

 I have around 9+ years of experience in SQL server. I don't have any expertise in DBA activities and I don't have much knowledge of SSIS/SSRS either. I am working plain and simple as SQL dev since the first day of the job.

I love SQL and playing with data/query/optimization and somehow I can say a bit good at it(at least in my head). I continuously put my effort to learn SQL too. Last year I took Brent Ozar's complete SQL training, and this year I did Hugo Kornelis(May god bless him in his tough time) Execution plan training to understand E.P. better.

I am working in a company(S&P Global) where I don't have much work to do, though we have a very very big data set here. 6 months ago I was trying to look better opportunity but I was not able to get a good hike even after clearing multiple interviews.

Now I am realizing that I have a very limited skill set and I might won't go far with this skill set. Since then I started learning Azure Data Engineering to change my profile. I passed Azure Fundamental certification and now preparing for Azure associate-level certification.

Now my doubt is Am I on the right path? Should I change my profile to Azure DE?

If I choose Data engineering what is the right way to learn it? or what other skills should I learn to grow in my career?






Comments